Monday, June 16, 2008

Disaster Relief for Individuals with Disabilities

Due to the recent flooding and tornadoes that have made parts of Indiana disaster areas, the Arc of Indiana is offering $100 debit cards to people with disabilites who have been severely affected by these events. The criteria to receive financial assistance is that the person must be disabled and receiving Supplemental Security Income or Medicaid Disability. Also, he or she must live in a county declared a disaster area; the individual must use the money as it is intended, and use it to assist, and not supplant, income used to pay bills. Individuals with cerebral palsy who need medical equipment can contact the United Cerebral Palsy Association of Greater Indiana, Inc. at (317) 632-3561 or (800) 723-7620. If you are in need of financial assistance, visit and click on the "Disaster Relief Assistance" link to find the certification form. Or, if you would like to make a donation to the Arc of Indiana for disaster relief, checks can be sent to the following address: The Arc of Indiana, 107 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46204.

No comments: