Stone Belt of Bloomington will host a community discussion on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the First United Church, 2420 East Third Street, Bloomington, on the “Care Gap Crisis.” With a suppressed pay scale that has not been adjusted for more than four years, the industry is facing workforce shortages and challenges with maintaining the infrastructure necessary to train and support that workforce. Turnover and job vacancies have caused increased pressures on the remaining staff and put the quality of services in peril.
Panel members include:
Phil Meyer, Moderator, WTIU Station Manager, Stone Belt Board Member
- Leslie Green, Stone Belt CEO
- Jacqueline Hall, Stone Belt Client and Board Member
- Tiba Walters, Stone Belt Direct Support Professional
- Rep. Matt Pierce (D), Indiana State Representative
- Rep. Matt Ubelhor (R), Indiana State Representative
- John Dickerson, The Arc of Indiana Executive Director
- Kim Opsahl, INARF President and CEO
Don't miss this important community event featuring a panel of experts. Stone Belt invites you to come to learn more and become an advocate!