Sunday, March 16, 2008

Aunt Katie's Visit


Banister, K.R. (2003). Aunt Katie's Visit. St. Louis, Mo.: Access-4-All, Inc.

Elementary School students everywhere will enjoy Katie Banister's Aunt Katie's Visit. This book lets kids know what a regular "day in the life" is like for Aunt Katie, who became paralyzed from the chest down in 1990. It also does a great job of teaching kids to see the person and not just the disability. This upbeat story is a great way to help kids be more accepting of others and foster disability awareness.

Want a sneak peak? Visit Access-4-All. Find Aunt Katie's Visit in a library near you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this book it was really great,I used to stare at people with disabilites because I always woundreed how they got tha way.Aunt went to my school,Wedgwood Ele. before. From reading your book I learned something new.
Kentoria